Psychodynamic Psychotherapy Course
Increase your clinical skills. Expand your possibilities.
Our innovative two-year program in psychoanalytic psychotherapy (PPC) is designed for psychotherapists who want to enhance their therapeutic knowledge and skills while developing a like minded network of colleagues. It differs from the psychoanalytic training program in that it focuses solely on the practice of psychoanalytic psychotherapy. It is a robust, energetic, and accessible program for licensed mental health professionals of all disciplines as well as residents in psychiatry and doctoral level psychology students, interns and post docs.
We urge you to start the application process at any time, as applications are reviewed in the order received.
About the Psychodynamic Psychotherapy Course (PPC)
The Center’s two-year Psychodynamic Psychotherapy Course is designed to develop the knowledge, technical skill, and effectiveness of mental health clinicians from all disciplines who are interested in learning more about psychoanalytic ways of understanding people and working with them. The PPC offers its participants an opportunity to:
- Increase their theoretical knowledge and technical skill in conducting psychoanalytic psychotherapy.
- Enhance their capacity to engage patients in the therapy process.
- Increase their ability to deepen treatment and to deal effectively with difficult treatment issues.
- Enjoy stimulating discussion with colleagues.
- Engage in supervision with highly trained practitioners.
The PPC consists of two complementary parts:
- Didactic Classes that discuss psychoanalytic theory, technique of psychoanalytic psychotherapy, and psychoanalytic understandings of psychopathology
- Individual Supervision of each participant’s clinical work by members of the PPC Faculty, which includes psychoanalysts as well as advanced candidates of the Florida Psychoanalytic Center Didactic Seminars and Clinical Conferences will be held on an average of every other Saturday afternoon. There will be a total of 15 classes per year, each of which will be led by one or more faculty members. The use of several teachers enables course participants to be exposed to a variety of ways in which to understand psychoanalytic theory and technique.
This program is open to licensed mental health professionals of all disciplines including psychiatry, psychology, social work, marriage and family therapy, counseling and psychiatric nursing. We also admit residents in psychiatry, doctoral level psychology students, interns and post docs.
Participants must be licensed in the state of Florida and carry professional liability insurance.
Tuition & Fees
PPC tuition is $1,200 per year or $600 per semester. Tuition for the first semester is due at the beginning of the academic year, on September 15, and on January 5 for the second semester. Supervision fees are worked out privately between the student and supervisor. Tuition can be paid online with credit card, bank account, or PayPal account using the buttons below.
Instructions for using the fillable PDF form above:
- Adobe Reader (free) or Acrobat Pro must be used to fill out the form.
- Apple Preview, a web browser’s built in PDF reader, or any other PDF viewer will not work.
- Right-click (Mac users: ctrl-click) and choose “Save as…” to prevent the web browser from automatically opening the form in another viewer.
Complete the form, print, sign, and return. Or, simply print the form, fill it out by hand, and return.