The Florida Psychoanalytic Center promotes collegiality among psychoanalysts and psychotherapists and provides continuing education for mental health clinicians and the community through:
- Scientific Meetings open to all who wish to learn more about psychoanalysis and psychoanalytic psychotherapy.
- A two-year Psychodynamic Psychotherapy Course (PPC) for mental health professionals who wish to deepen their understanding of psychoanalytic psychotherapy.
- A four-year Psychoanalytic Training Program.
- Active Membership in the Center is open to psychoanalysts who are eligible to become Active Members of the American Psychoanalytic Association. Download an application form to become an Active Member here.
- Adjunct Membership is open to everyone who has professional or scientific interest in psychoanalytic ideas. Adjunct members who are clinicians must be licensed in Florida and carry malpractice insurance. Adjunct Members can teach in the PPC, serve on some committees, and offer or take part in study groups or Mini-Courses. Members receive reduced fees for Scientific Meetings and other programs. They are listed on this website, and may use the Center library. Membership Application
Training to become a psychoanalyst is a unique educational experience that combines a personal analysis, a didactic curriculum and intensive supervised clinical work.
A two year program designed to deepen your understanding and enhance your clinical skills.
Periodic seminars, mini courses and Scientific Meetings for mental health professionals.